As reported on Loudoun County Government’s website:
The Loudoun County Health Department is encouraging residents to stay informed about the coronavirus situation. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Virginia Department of Health (VDH) are closely monitoring an outbreak of respiratory illness caused by coronavirus (COVID-19) which was first detected in Wuhan City, Hubei Province, China.
Loudoun County is operating under the Pandemic Response Plan (PDF)
The Loudoun County Pandemic Response Plan encompasses a detailed summary of Loudoun County’s public health response and references the County’s plans for the continuation of critical government services during a pandemic. It describes a coordinated local strategy to prepare for and respond to a pandemic, including assuring vaccination of all school age, college age and other residents, regardless of school status or location, and serves as Incident Annex to Loudoun County’s Emergency Operations Plan (EOP) and as an appendix to the LHD All-Hazards EOP.
The Loudoun County Pandemic Response Plan is intended to be a synthesized guide for responding agencies, an overview to provide information to the public on the County’s preparedness and a tool to assist the public in their own planning and preparedness.
The Loudoun health department is currently:
- Educating the public, which will help prevent anyone who may be contagious from transmitting the infection to others in Loudoun County.
- Monitoring travelers, including collaborating with Dulles International Airport and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention as they implement airport screening procedures.
- Working with schools on appropriate response protocols.
- Sending out guidance on a regular basis to our hospitals and private healthcare providers.
- Remaining available to our partners and residents on a 24/7 basis.
These efforts are designed to make our community as prepared as possible to limit the spread of infection and to help assure that those who need care to recover are able to receive it.